Join our online training partner Vertical Alliance Group on Thursday, June 15 at 10 a.m. CST for a free webinar on how to best determine and classify you employee/independent contractor status. To register click here.
All businesses are responsible for classifying the people they hire. Misclassification mistakes can cost your company big time in fines for failing to pay minimum wage and overtime, among other things. This webinar will offer best practices on when to classify a worker as an independent contractor and when to classify a worker as an employee.
In this one hour webinar, you will learn:
1. How to reduce your company’s potential liability for misclassification
2. What every employer should know about hiring independent contractors
3. Understanding common law-rules regarding employment status
4. What you can and cannot order an independent contractor to do
5. How to properly document classification of your employees.
Plus attendees to the live webinar will have the opportunity to ask questions related to employee classification.
About the Presenter
Monica Narvaez focuses her practice on providing labor and employment advice to employers of all sizes. Before joining the Cowles Thompson firm, she developed a strong regulatory background while defending state and county agencies as well as universities as an Assistant Ohio Attorney General and as a Policy Attorney for the State of Ohio. Ms. Narvaez has a high level of experience as a Human Resource and Labor Relations Director and holds the SPHR and SHRM-SCP Certifications.