CVSA’s Roadcheck 2014 set for June 3-5
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s annual 72-hour safety blitz Roadcheck 2014 is set for June 3-5.
CVSA sponsors Roadcheck with participation by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators, Transport Canada, and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (Mexico).
Roadcheck is the largest targeted enforcement program on commercial vehicles in the world, with approximately 14 trucks or buses being inspected, on average, every minute from Canada to Mexico during a 72-hour period. This year’s focus is hazardous materials.
CVSA provides a Roadcheck checklist for drivers. Included in it are tips such as:
- Buckle up.
- Pre-inspect the condition of your vehicle and check for load securement issues.
- Check your brakes.
- Inspect coupling devices.
- Ensure all required lamps are the proper color and operational.
- Check for loose fuel tank mountings, leaks, etc.
- Look over your tires and check for proper inflation, cuts, bulges, etc.
A full checklist is available here.
Each year, approximately 10,000 CVSA-certified local, state, provincial and federal inspectors at 1,500 locations across North America perform the truck and bus inspections. For more information visit cvsa.org.