ATA now seeking applicants for President and CEO
The Alabama Trucking Association is seeking candidates to fill an upcoming vacancy for President & CEO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the policies established by the Board to advance the interests of the trucking industry;
- Manage, motivate and direct the association staff;
- Lead ATA’s political and advocacy agenda;
- Enhance ATA’s value to its members (ROI);
- Lead a strategic planning process that positions ATA to effectively deal with emerging and changing trends and needs of the industry;
- Create an agenda that attracts and sustains membership involvement;
- Strive to achieve unity within the membership on key issues affecting the industry; and
- Build and direct results-oriented efforts that deliver specific results in the legislative and regulatory arenas.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- An understanding of the procedures, rights, and liabilities of non-profit organizations. A Certified Association Executive (CAE) designation from the American Society of Association Executives is desired;
- Leadership experience, preferably in the trade association or industry sector.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and think tactically; experienced in strategic planning in cooperation with a governing board preferred;
- Experienced in governmental and regulatory affairs;
- Demonstrated skills in managing and motivating staff;
- Proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management; and
- Proven ability to develop and strengthen relationships with multiple constituencies.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and skills.
Closing: The application process is open until March 31, 2019. The position is to be filled by July 1, 2019.
Inquirers: Please send resume and three references to: The Alabama Trucking Association, P.O. Box 242337-2337, Montgomery, AL 36124 marked CONFIDENTIAL.
About the Alabama Trucking Association
The Alabama Trucking Association is a non-profit trade association comprised of trucking companies and industry-related firms that provide equipment and services. Its mission is to promote leadership in Alabama’s trucking community, advocate sound transportation policies to all levels of government, and work to maintain a safe and efficient Alabama transportation goods movement system. Trucking is the wheels of Alabama’s economy hauling 80 percent of the state’s manufactured goods while providing 1 out of 14 jobs in Alabama.