ALDOT announces several lane closures in Birmingham During The World Game
The Alabama Dept. of Transportation has announced several lane closures in Birmingham, Ala. during the World Games happening in the Magic City July 7-17, 2022.
Planned Lane Closures on I-20/59 SB, in Jefferson County
1) The Alabama Department of Transportation will close the right turn lane on the I-20/59 southbound ramp to 25th Street for Traffic Control purposes during the World Games.
- The closure will begin Tuesday, July 5th.
- The right turn lane is planned to be closed throughout the World Games competition.
- The right turn lane is expected to be re-open by 6 a.m., Monday, July 18th.
2) Planned Lane Closures on I-59 SB for World Games, in Jefferson County
The Alabama Department of Transportation announces the following lane closures at 7 p.m., on July 8th, 9th and 13th for the World Games:
- The outside (right) lane of I-59 South will be closed starting at the 31st Street Exit and ending just south of the off-ramp to Red Mountain Expressway.
- The on-ramp from 31st Street to I-59 South will also be closed during these times.
- The lane closure will be removed each night at 11 p.m., and all lanes reopened to traffic
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this maintenance operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT’s mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, contact Linda Crockett at 205-327-4973, or visit www.dot.state.al.us.