Unfortunately, litigation is a necessary evil for the trucking industry, and being prepared for a lawsuit or trial is key to protecting your firm against catastrophic financial loss. Is your company prepared? You can bet the other side is.
Attorneys from the law firm of Hand Arendall, LLC will conduct a mock trial of an actual truck accident case with several ATA and SMMC members and state law enforcement officials serving as witnesses and other courtroom players. The event is free to all ATA and SMMC members, but pre-registration is required.
SMMC’s Mock Trial will give attendees insights into the following areas of courtroom litigation:
· Dos and Don’ts of litigation
· What information is likely used by trial lawyers
· What attorneys look for in the discovery process
· How company policy, driver information and maintenance records are viewed in litigation
· How to prepare your company for litigation and what pitfalls to avoid
This event is sponsored by Wal-Mart Transportation, LLC